* 22nd November – 7pm at Sedbury & Beachley Village Hall *
The Forest of Dean District Dementia Action Alliance (FOD DDAA) is made up of businesses, organisations, community groups and individuals, all of whom are committed to help develop Dementia Friendly Communities.
The Aims of the Forest of Dean District Dementia Action Alliance are:
- The overarching aim of the Forest of Dean District Dementia Action Alliance (FODD DAA) is to make sure that everyone in the district living with dementia is respected and enabled to continue to enjoy living their lives in their own community as well as possible for as long as possible.
- To support the wider community to understand dementia and inspire and enable people to do things which contribute to a dementia friendly community, which are generally more welcoming communities.
- To develop a network of local community champions who will support each other and the wider community.
- To establish and maintain effective support through information sharing networks
- To ensure that the voices of people with dementia, their carers and families are heard and guide the work of the Dementia Action Alliance
The Forest of Dean District DAA welcomes support from across the community. If you are interested in finding out more, coming along to a meeting, or being involved in any way please contact Lena Maller on 01594 812609 or Lena.Maller@fdean.gov.uk
Tidenham Parish Council is proud to have signed up to the Forest of Dean District DAA. As part of its commitment to the Alliance, the Parish Council is hosting a basic dementia awareness session designed to raise knowledge and awareness of dementia in order to contribute to making our community more dementia friendly.
***The session will be held at Sedbury and Beachley Village Hall, King Alfred’s Road, Sedbury on Thursday 22nd November at 7pm***
The session will cover:
- Some of the different types of dementia.
- The different parts of the brain that can be affected.
- How people can be affected by dementia.
- Positive ways to interact with people with dementia.
- A board game called ‘Let’s Talk’ – a fun and informal way to learn more about dementia
All welcome and refreshments will be served!
Please confirm attendance to Ruth Ward, Dementia Friendly Community Enabler:
Tel: 07958936283 Email: Ruth.Ward@fdean.gov.uk or the
Parish Clerk on 01594 530779 firstname.lastname@example.org
Or just turn up on the day!